Thursday, February 19, 2009

Should I be offended?

I'm in Nashville this week for classes. I woke up this morning, had a cup of coffee before I started my drive to school this morning. I got to Vandy a little early, so I decided that I would stop into Starbucks for a little extra pick-me-up before a long morning of lecture.
I ordered my typical tall-n0n-fat-vanilla-latte, paid for my drink and then waited while the barista made my drink.
As he was making it, he took one look at me and said, "Oh, (with these sad, pitiful eyes) would you like a double shot of espresso?"
"Sure," I said, a little excited about a free shot of espresso.
But then I thought, "Geez, do I really look that bad/tired that he thinks I need a double shot?!"

Thus I changed my Facebook status to "Marisa is perpetually tired."

No comments: