Wednesday, August 26, 2009

patience

I don't have a lot of it, I realized today. I used to think of myself as a pretty patient person, but as I was pondering life this morning, I realized that I don't.

For instance, I know that the PNCB (the credentialing board for my nurse practitioner exam) has approved me to take the test, but I'm just waiting for an email/letter to give me the stinking number so that I can sign up and actually take the test.

Or, the lack of information being given to me with my possible job in the endo clinic by the higher "powers that be." For real- please just tell me if you have approved or not approved a new position! Apparently, it can take up to 6 weeks to get an answer from the position control committee. I LOVE RED TAPE.

I think that being a nurse has a lot to do with this- in the hospital, things happen quickly. You need some blood drawn and tests run, okay, I'll do it right now and you'll get results in an hour or so. You need an x-ray, let's go down and do it right now. Results in a couple of hours, max.
So, this wait-around, wait for answers garbage is driving me crazy and showing me how little patience I have sometimes.

2 comments:

Papi said...

Good thing that you don't work for a govermental burocracy like a city, county, state or federal!.... I left Dallas about 9 years ago.. and even then we had discussed for at least a year or longer the pros/cons of what type of road/location that should be constructed by the levees...last I heard recently, they haven't yet made a final decision!....Patience is the name of the game!...I'll pray that you'll hear soon about your test and job situations!!


Love,

Papi

Anonymous said...

everything will work out soon enough my dear!!! and you will be an incredible NP!! Love you :)