So I finally got a real job as a nurse practitioner! I will be starting January 4th in the pre-surgical department at Children's Medical Center in Dallas. What this means is that I will be doing histories and physicals, labs, x-rays, etc of the kiddos coming in for day surgery that day. This means that my hours will be 6am-2pm, Monday thru Friday. No holidays, no weekends and no call. Fabulous!! And, I still get to wear scrubs!
And the best news yet, my Starbucks drive thru opens at 5:00am, not 5:30am. I know this sounds lame, but I was a little worried I wouldn't be able to get coffee on my way to work because I thought they opened at 5:30am and that wouldn't work for me to get there by 6am. So when I found out they opened earlier, it literally made my day. I know, it's really sad. But semi-regular Starbucks makes my mornings better, especially when I'm going to be getting up at 4:30am!!
I turned in my 50 page credentialing packet for insurance companies and Medicaid earlier this week, so hopefully the credentialing process will go smoothly!!
So, I am VERY thankful that God has provided this job for me and opened and closed different doors along the way. I am learning again and again that He does have different plans than I originally think. The much-awaited endocrine position still hasn't worked out, but I am thankful to try my hand at pre-surgical and think this will be a great place to start and learn and should be a good fit for me. I am excited about doing something different and learning new things. Also, meeting new docs, seeing who's who in the surgical department, and being mentored by a nurse pracitioner who has worked a long time in this particular department. We shall see what happens....
1 comment:
You will be the best Nurse Practitioner!....I know you will!..I thank God for you and the skills that He has given you and the ones that you will learn in this new position. I'm SOOO happy for you and wish you all the best in your career!...Congratulations!!
Much love,
Papi
Post a Comment