Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Feeling official

Last week, I went to my first national conference, NAPNAP (National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners), in Chicago. Unfortunately, since our camera was stolen (long story), I couldn't take any pictures, but did enjoy my time in the city!
I've never considered myself to be "climbing the corporate ladder," or highly collegiate, but being at this conference made me think that maybe I should go back to school and get a doctorate or a post-master's acute-care specialty. Yes, I know that is completely insane, especially after the year I spent in grad school (Mike was really happy when that year was over and he got his wife back). C d€
But, it was like a gigantic think-tank, and I loved being in the midst of wonderful ideas, thought-provoking lectures...in the thick of the most current medical information.
So, not only was it great to learn lots of new stuff, but it was great to catch up with old friends from undergrad and grad school- loved that part!!
It was also great to get lots of free stuff. :) Love booths with fun samples (we're talking full bottles of bath wash, face soap, lotions, creams) - literally, my suitcase was 10 pounds heavier going home because of all of the free stuff.

1 comment:

Papi said...

Go for it girl!...the sky is the limit and no one is rushing you to finish a degree ASAP...take your time!....Remember when I used to bring all kinds of stuff from conventions?...I know what you mean...I'm glad that you enjoyed your time in Chicago...I already have tickets to go over there at the end of June for some meetings, God willing...

Much love,

Papi