Sunday, August 8, 2010

Zumba




This past week I found my new favorite form of exercise. This is huge for me because I HATE (loathe, despise, etc...) to exercise, but since I preach it to my patients every day (and my jeans were getting tight), I decided that I should practice what I preach and suck it up.

So, on Tuesday, I went to my first Zumba class. As I started the class, I thought to myself, "I can't believe this is considered exercise- this fun!" When I told Mike over the phone that I had had so much fun at this class and couldn't wait to go back, he said, "Wait. Is this my wife?!"

The class on Tuesday WORE ME OUT. I was seriously sore for 4 days. But, I did get a serious work out and went back agian today for more.

So, the challenge with all of this is that I'm not really good at dancing- white people (well, really me) can't dance, or something like that. I can't even shake my 'thang' really well either, but I'm sure that I'll learn. I mean, some of these people in class even have belly-dancing wraps they wear to class and these special Zumba shoes. Don't think I will take it that far.

1 comment:

Katie Norwood said...

This is great! I'm pretty sure that you need to post a picture of you in a Zumba outfit. Do it. :-)