My sweet Lucy is 3 months old today! How can that be? They say time flies when they are little, and although I remember the first three months pretty clearly, it has certainly gone by fast!
Here's what we've been up to lately:
-practicing our exercises so that we can lift our legs, head and neck well! This pic was mid-shot of her reaching for her feet/toes, which she just started doing the past couple of days
- hanging out with our families- here's Lucy with Aunt Lane!
- celebrating Lucy's first Fourth of July! No fireworks this year, just hanging out with friends by the pool and family at night.
Crazy to think that last Fourth of July was spent in NYC in the Harbor on a boat watching the fireworks and little Lucy was no where in the picture. :)
Lucy LOVES to sleep on people. It's where she takes her best naps. Here she is sleeping on Aunt Liz
Most weekends are spent by the pool with friends. Lucy does pretty well in the water, but also takes great naps in her bouncy seat in the shade. Do you see a trend? Great naps don't occur in her crib.
Other fun facts about my sweet girl:
- I am finding that she is a pretty chill/relaxed little girl. She's pretty easy-going, except when she is hungry or tired. She goes with the flow, does great while running errands, can nap in the car seat, in my arms, on the couch, etc (just not in her crib!).
- She loves her pacifier, but she is also likes to suck on her hands and will chow down on them like there's no tomorrow
- She's a champ with childcare- I started back to work part-time this past week, and she has done GREAT! I think it was harder on me than it was with her.
- Lately, she has been waking up about once a night to eat and usually goes back to sleep pretty easily after eating.
- We're still on a 3-4 hour schedule (eats every 3 hours or so, then plays and then cat-naps)
- She has amazing neck strength and head control, can push up on her tummy to 90 degrees and has rolled from her tummy to back several times
- She has the best smile and loves to smile and coo- I feel like she's going to burst out in laughter any day now!
- She loves bathtime! (Just like her mommy!)
- She is now into having a massive blow-out diaper about every 5-6 days, with nothing (poop-wise) in between. I have been assured by our pedi that this is normal for breast-feeding babies.... I had to go and buy Tide stain stuff and Oxyclean stain sticks just for these occasions.
She is such a sweet little girl and I can't believe she's 1/4 of a year old already!!
No comments:
Post a Comment