Thursday, August 11, 2011

4 months old!

 A year ago today I found out I was going to be a Mommy! I still remember that morning so very clearly- going to Walmart early that morning to get the test, coming home to take it, since Mike was working at home that day, and what a shock it was to see "pregnant" on the stick, to even begin to imagine what life was going to be like with a baby, and to wonder if I was ready for such a big change. Well, one year later to the date, our sweet Lucy is 4 months old!!
What a wonderful blessing she is and how thankful I am that she is here! Here's what we've been up to lately:
Smiling and cooing! She has the best smile and is happy most of the time. She also loves to grow and has gone through several growth spurts lately, especially when she learned new tricks, like rolling...


Learning how to sleep- let's just say we need a little more work in this department. She goes to bed between 7:30-8:30 pm, I dream feed her around 10:30pm and then she wakes up around 2:00 am to feed, then goes back to sleep until about 7:00 am. She takes 2-3, 45-minute naps a day (not a great napper). We're in a quandry regarding whether or not it's time for her to sleep train and eliminate the 2:00 am night feed. Neither Mom or Dad is super excited about sleep-training and crying-it-out, but we'll see... We have done some sleep training for the times she would wake up in the middle of the night when it wasn't time to eat- she would cry for about 5 minutes, then go back to sleep, for the most part.
We spend most weekends in the pool- here she is with Oma (she looks chunkier in this pic than I really feel like she is). Lucy does great with swimming/being in the pool for about 30-45 minutes, then she is done. :) Better than at the beginning of the summer! (And it doesn't hurt that the pool water feels like bath water because it's been so stinking hot!)

Rolling!! She learned how to roll from her back to her tummy, which she constantly does when on her blanket. It used to scare her at night when she'd roll over, and I did find her stuck in between her crib rails several times (scary for Mom!!), but she's getting used to falling back to sleep on her tummy.
She's already pushing with her feet when she's on her belly and Mike tried to teach her to crawl this past weekend. I truly believe she will be crawling by the time she is 6 months old! She is constantly moving, kicking her legs, trying to scoot, rolling....very busy girl!

 She still continues to do great at childcare twice a week while I'm at work. She is also a great little side-kick when shopping and running errands. We go on Monday to the pediatrician for our four-month visit, so we'll get her official stats (and her 4-month shots!).


No comments: