Activities for the weekend included a big family breakfast at our house on Saturday morning to start off the weekend. Then the girls went to go and get pedicures while the boys watched the kiddos. We had dinner together Saturday night at Mom's house- pork carnitas and all the fixings! Then we had a pinata, just like old times, followed by cake and presents.
Sunday, we met up at Mom's house for hamburgers and more hang out time with the fam. Lovely times!
| The Birthday Peeps! |
| We are old. Both turning 30 this year! |
| Lucy loves her Papi! |
| The delicious strawberry cheesecake and the fabulous chocolate pastry cake Mom made. SO, SO yummy!! |
| And, what type of birthday party isn't complete with a pinata?? |
On Saturday (my real birthday), Mike went and got me Starbucks and we had breakfast at The Original Pancake House. We went on a walk in the cool fall weather with Lucy, laid low around the house, opened presents, and then went to Watermark's Volunteer Appreciation dinner that night at church.
I can't believe I'm the big 3-0. I remember in college thinking that people who were 30 were pretty old. And now, here I am. Pretty crazy to think about, but so thankful for what the Lord has allowed to happen over the last 30 years. Lots of surprises along the way, that's for sure, but thankful for the way life has unfolded.
And I did find my first gray hair a week before my birthday. And I plucked it out. :)
3 comments:
Oh girl - we are all getting old. Weren't we just in seventh grade like five minutes ago?? I'm turning 30 on Monday, but I'm glad to see you survived and still look as cute as a button. I have gray hairs too - multiple. They kind of blend in though. But I did start using an anti-wrinkle cream, don't you worry!!!! :-) Lucy is capital A Adorable, and I'm so glad you're so happy!!!
Yay! What a lovely weekend. :) Also, I can't believe it took you 30 years to find a gray hair - pretty sure I found my first one in college... Harumph.
You loook just GREAT!!!...And like I always say..."OLD is a matter of how you look at it...to me the sea is OLD and the mountains are OLD...and they still get to be green every year!!"....You are beautiful inside and out and still way too young!!!
Much love,
Papi
Post a Comment