Sunday, December 11, 2011

8 months old!

Lucy-bug is 8 months old! What a joy she is! We've had lots fun this month!
My first pair of stockings! I wore them to church today!
Here are some fun things we've done this month:
She is drinking water out of a cup at meals.


She is trying new foods, most recently, zucchini! She's also starting to feed herself food, like peas (slightly smashed!), pieces of carrot, potato, sweet potato, toast, waffles. She LOVES MumMum teething biscuits! Sometimes I have to trick her to eat her pureed foods by giving her a MumMum to munch on while I sneak in bites of food. I'm trying to have her eat solids 3 times a day, but sometimes our schedule is a little crazy, and all we can get in is 2 meals. I'm still nursing her about 5-6 times a day. 

 She's sleeping through the night (Thank you Lord!!), she is starting to take 2-3 longer naps a day. Her typical day starts around 6:30 or 7:00 am, then she naps around 8:30 or 9:00 am for an hour or so, then she's up and playing until about noon, then down for another 1- 1.5 hour nap, then playing, then possibly another shorter nap, depending on how the day is going, then bath time, followed by bedtime at 7:00pm. She wakes up once around 10:00pm to eat, then goes right back to sleep until the next morning.
I cannot tell you how THRILLED I am that she is sleeping through the night!!! 

As far as skills go, Lucy-loo started clapping her hands this month, as well as drinking out of a sippy cup. She's also starting to wave. She's crawling all over the place, pulling up on everything, starting to take steps while holding on to something. She recently found the Christmas tree and likes the sparkly ornaments on the bottom. :) 

She's laughing more and more, and I feel like her little personality is starting to blossom- she's generally a very happy, smiley child- such a fun, sweet girl! She also knows when we're taking pictures of her, either on my phone or with the camera, and generally hams it up and smiles really big on cue!

I think she weighs about 16 pounds, if I had to guess. She was 15 pounds 4 ounces at 7 months, and she's been averaging about a pound a month....still a light-weight. :) She's still wearing 6 month clothes...


This month she celebrated her first Thanksgiving! She also got to go with us to Walls Family Farm and cut down our Christmas tree- one of our favorite traditions during Christmas! We also hosted our play group this afternoon for a Christmas cookie exchange- it was lots of fun, and very busy with 8 kids, all 8 or 9 months old!

  Mike or I play the piano most nights before she goes to bed and she has started to sometimes "sing"- aka, making a joyful noise, while we play. So sweet to hear. 
I just love this sweet girl! She is such a blessing and has brought such joy to our home!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Love her! So lucky to be her aunt!

Katie Norwood said...

She just has the BIGGEST smile! Precious. Merry Christmas to your family!!