How can it be that my Lucy-bug is 9 months old already? Nine months in and now nine months out!
I might be biased, but she just has the best smile and brightest eyes! She's typically such a sweet and happy baby, always on the move, getting into everything, but typically very happy!
Today at our 9 month appointment, she weighed 15 pounds, 6.5 ounces (5th percentile), was 27 inches long (25th percentile) and head circumference was 42 cm (5th percentile).
She's now following my growth curve when I was a baby- apparently I was only 18 pounds when I was one year old.
She's also following my developmental milestones- I started crawling at 7 months, sitting up at 6 months, walking at 10 months.... the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree! :)
Here's some pics from this past month:
| I like to chew on everything and put EVERYTHING in my mouth! |
| I like to play with my cousins at Oma and PapPap's house! |
| I've started to climb stairs....glad there are baby gates! |
| I got to meet Aunt Donna and Uncle Roy on New Years! |
| Sweet, sweet girl!! I love this pic of her! |
| See, I like to put EVERYTHING in my mouth, even the outlet plugs! |
| Here's me putting a leaf in my mouth....I tried to sneak it in so Mommy wouldn't see... |
| Oops! She caught me! |
| I also like to bang on the piano keys, especially when Mommy and Daddy are playing the big black piano |
| I'm shrinking!! Just kidding- Grandmommy and Papi gave me a really big sock monkey for Christmas! |
New skills and stats for the month: (more-so for me to remember)
- drinking from a sippy cup (water)
- can feed herself puffs, MumMums, green beans, noodles, soft foods- no pincer grasp just yet, but working on it
- still nursing 5-6 times a day- still just on breast milk
- cruising around the sofa, ottoman, fireplace
- realizing that there is more to the house than the toys in the living room. We have caught her several times with her hands in the toilet bowl in the guest bath. She's also getting interested in the cat door on the laundry room door.
- walking with the Radio Flyer walker she got for Christmas- it brought tears to my eyes to watch her do this on Christmas morning- it was like she just knew exactly what to do with the walker once we showed her where to hold on and how to push it- she just took off!!
- she is starting to stand by herself, not holding on to anything, for 5 seconds or so at a time
- says "da-da-da", "ba-ba-ba", I've heard a few "ma-ma" sounds as well
- sometimes she will make a joyful noise while one of us is playing the piano
- foods she is eating: green beans, butternut squash, winter squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, zucchini, pancakes, blueberries, waffles, black beans, puffs, MumMums, peas, mashed potatoes, gnawing on apple cores- she's still not a big fan of fruit- I'm trying to work on that!
- sleeping: she's up for the day between 6:45-7:30am, then down for a nap around 9:00am, and sleeps until 10:30 or 11:00 am, then up to play, run errands, etc, then typically down for another nap around 2:30pm or so, and sleeps for another hour and a half or so. Sometimes she will take another 30 or 45 minute nap around 5:00pm, just depends on the day. Then bath time around 6:45pm, bedtime at 7:00pm. She usually wakes up around 10:30pm to eat and goes right back to sleep, but the past couple of nights she's stopped doing that, so we'll see if it will continue. I feel like she is finally getting the hang of longer naps and is sleeping so much better at night. She's beginning to be able to be put to bed awake and she can fall asleep (usually only works if she is really tired).
- she loves her paci and lovie when she takes a nap or goes to sleep at night
- she blows raspberries when she's really mad or upset
I LOVE this little girl! I love waking up in the morning, going to her room to get her out of her crib and she is so excited to see me! She stands up in her crib, shifts her weight from foot to foot, while smiling really big with this excited little voice! She's great when running errands- she sits in the basket of the grocery cart and smiles at everyone she sees. She is a delight!!
No comments:
Post a Comment