Wednesday, November 28, 2012

22.5 weeks!

So, I'm 22.5 weeks along! Here's some sono pictures from our 20 week sono a couple of weeks ago. Little girl is looking great! She is measuring around the 40-50th percentiles, all of her body parts look perfectly formed (thank you, Jesus!). 
I'm hopeful that with her more-normal growth percentiles, that I won't have gestational diabetes this time (Lucy was measuring in the 90-95th percentiles at this point in my pregnancy before I knew I had gestational diabetes). Time will tell (at 28 weeks, actually!) when I get to take the oh-so-lovely glucose tolerance test. :)

Baby girl has become pretty active over the past week or so- she is giving me some really strong kicks through out the day, and just today, I could feel some body part sticking out a little bit when she moved. I LOVE the kicking and moving- such a sweet feeling! She was really active after I had Chipotle yesterday at work, so maybe she likes Mexican food! 

Not gonna lie, the past 6 weeks or so has been hard- we've been battling illness left and right it seems- Lucy got the flu right before Halloween, so we all got on Tamiflu, then Mike and I either got the flu (minus the fever and chills) or got some other viral illness that caused us to have terrible upper-respiratory tract infections, so I ended up on antibiotics. Then, I either got food poisoning or a stomach bug and was sick the week before Thanksgiving, which left me feeling really weak for about 5 days (finally got my appetite back after Thanksgiving), then we all got another round of colds. 'Tis the season, I suppose, especially with Lucy in school twice a week and church nursery. We are on the up-hill mend, I think, so I've been feeling more like myself the past couple of days. 


Ok, so, back to the pictures....
Soccer-playing foot!

arms raised up

profile of her face

the "money shot"- sonographer said she was 1000% sure she is a girl

one foot

both feet
22.5 weeks! I get comments all the time about how big I look to only be 22 weeks. I just think there's not a lot of room for my belly to grow taller, it just has to go out. I was like this with Lucy- just was really big most of the time!


1 comment:

Katie Norwood said...

So glad to hear everything is going well with little miss! She seems to be thriving even with all your sickness! You poor thing. Here's hoping you will be 100% healthy the rest of your pregnancy! You're so super cute I can hardly stand it.