So, Mike's in DC and I'm enjoying time at home, catching up with friends over lunches and dinners. Liz and Mom and I hung out today in the pool for several hours- it was nice- I'm enjoying the time that Liz and I have together before she starts school. Fortunately, she won't be that far away for college (UNT!) Tonight I enjoyed reading a book (figured I should get one enjoyable book in before school starts), had Indian food for dinner (gives Mike heartburn, so I figured I could get it while he's gone), enjoyed a glass of wine, and had Bella sit next to me while I read....it was nice.
I got the first two of five textbooks in the mail today. Not gonna lie, it's overwhelming to see the content that I'll be responsible for knowing. I hope that I can study and learn well this year- I haven't had to do this in 4 years!
On another tangent, I'm so ready for the TX heat to change to fall. I've lived in TX all of my life (minus college) and have never been a fan of summers here. Way too hot. Seriously, today was the 20th day that it was over 100 degrees. It helps to have a pool, but as I've been watching TV and seeing "summer's almost over" commercials for back-t0-school ads and going into Hobby Lobby seeing fall, yes, and even CHRISTMAS decorations, I'm longing for the day that the high is in the 50's or 60's.
No comments:
Post a Comment