Lucy is 10 months old!
Here's what we've been up to this month....
Lucy has started to enjoy books- I have a large stack on the fireplace so that she can "read" them. Her favorite thing is to pull them off the fireplace, one by one, into a semi-circle around her and practice opening and closing them. She likes to turn the pages when I read to her. Current favorite books are "Goodnight Moon," "The Hungry Caterpillar," and a 4-book set of colors, numbers, shapes and objects.
Eating. She's not the greatest eater and I often have to play games to get her to eat (like give her a MumMum to eat while trying to spoon pureed foods into her mouth). However, lately, she has started to really like carbs of all sorts (cornbread, as pictured below, croissants, pancakes, mashed potatoes, pasta). Lately I've been trying to just give her what we're eating for dinner and most nights it works okay. I keep trying to figure out if I need to keep making her pureed foods or not....some days she loves them, some days, not-so-much.
Lucy's doing a great job of standing for periods of time. She has taken a few steps on her own and cruises all over the place (along the fireplace, around the ottoman, pushing the walker). I anticipate that any day she will break out walking.
Shoulder rides on Mommy or Daddy. They are so fun!
Other things to remember this month (mostly for me to remember for the future)
-had her second ear infection (left ear) last week. This time, had a really high fever for two days, which was not what had happened with her last ear infection. Thank goodness for amoxicillin. :)
- Attended her first Disciple Now weekend at First Baptist Church Richardson. She came with Mike and I as we co-led the seniors at the Mayfield's house last weekend. She did a great job of sleeping most of the time and loved the dogs at the house! She also thought it would be fun to crawl up the ski-ball game as well as up the giant flight of stairs.
- Her first tooth is coming in! I can feel the sharp part poking through! I'm going to miss that gummy smile.
- Sleep habits: she wakes up at 7:00 am, takes a nap from around 9:00 am until 11:00 or 11:30am, then plays, eats, etc until around 2:00pm and sleeps for another hour and a half or so. Then plays, eats, etc, then bath time around 6:30pm, bedtime at 7:00 pm. She usually wakes up around 10:30 or 11:30pm to eat and goes immediately back to sleep.
- When Mike or I sit down to play the big black piano, Lucy will often go over to the blue piano and play the keys at the same time. So cute!
- She has started to open cabinet drawers in the kitchen- I've been using rubber bands to keep them shut.
- One day I walked into her bath room to find her inside the bathtub (no water). No idea how she got in there.
- Lucy has started to want to feed herself food. When she sticks food in her mouth lately, she'll make these smacking noises, like she's truly enjoying her food. Makes Mommy's foodie heart so happy. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment