Last Monday evening, my mom, Lucy and I traveled down to San Antonio for the week so that I could attend the NAPNAP conference (National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners). Elena and Alex (my sister and brother-in-law) graciously let us stay with them while we were in town and Mom was so kind to watch Lucy that week while I was at the conference. Lucy did much, much better than I could have ever expected! She did well in the car, as long as someone was in the back seat to play with her and entertain her and then slept well in the car when it was time for bed. We made it in 5.5 hours both times to and from Dallas, which was great! She also slept through the night all 3 nights (she made a few peeps, but went straight back to sleep). Not sure if it was the quilts we had draped around the pack-n-play or the fan for noise, or what, but it worked! So, so thankful!!
The conference was really good- I learned a lot and got to see some friends from my Samford and Vanderbilt days!
Here's some pics of Lucy, Mom and Elena while I was at my conference:
Lucy went with Elena and Mom and the community dog, Milo, on a shopping trip around the Riverwalk! Lane is multi-talented- she can walk a dog and push a stroller all at the same time!
Reading with Aunt Lane....
The other pics from the trip are on my phone...I'm such a slacker with downloading phone pics. While we were with Alex and Lane, we were able to hang out with their community friends- we had a fun time going out to dinner at a really fun Mexican restaurant- Lucy was serenaded by a mariachi band and loved eating a home-made tortilla! Their whole community also come over the next night for dinner- Mom made vegetarian lasagna and mocha cake with cream cheese icing. Quite delicious!
I loved being able to spend some time with Lane and Alex and Mom- she and Alex will be moving out of state next fall for grad school, so I was so thankful for the time we had together! And, thankful for the hospitality! :)
As many of you Texans have seen, we have some beautiful bluebonnets around! We went out this afternoon to get a few traditional bluebonnet pictures. I was a little afraid of encountering some snakes (I've heard they like to hang out in the bluebonnets because of the tall grass), but thankfully we didn't see or hear any!
Here's my happy girl! Can't believe she's going to be one in 10 days!
Happy Spring, everyone!
1 comment:
Oh my goodness. I love these pictures!
Post a Comment