Sunday, May 27, 2012

Ladybug birthday party!

So, I'm embarrassed at how late this post is... but better late than never! We celebrated Lucy's first birthday the Saturday after her actual birthday. We call Lucy "Ladybug" and so I thought that a ladybug-themed birthday party would be fitting! I got a ton of ideas off Pinterest.... as Alex and Elena said, it looked like Pinterest exploded in my house. :) 
I had lots of help to pull off the party and couldn't have done it without everyone's help! 
Warning- there are a ton of pics in this post....enjoy!

The Friday night before the party, Liz, Alex, Elena and Mom came over to help me ice and decorate 50 cupcakes and the smash cake, as well as finish her picture banner....

Liz wasn't quite sure about this....

Yes, that's Alex sniffing glue in the back...

Elena's cyclopes bug

The birthday banner- it had each month's monkey pic. So fun to see how she's grown!

The smash cake, made by yours truly! See the two teeth on the bottom- supposed to look like my ladybug!


The day of the party, we had fun! She hadn't napped well that day and wasn't in a great mood (aka- not wanting anything to do with cake or presents), but we still had fun having our families and close friends with us to celebrate her first year! Honestly, I think it's more of a celebration for the parents making it through the first year...but that's just me. :)

The cupcakes, cake and ribbon-wrapped bottles of water


The lady-bug food table

Oreo-pops I made and lady bug bubbles for favors


Aunt Carolyn and Lucy- the Lehmkuhls came from Waco with  cousin Emma and two-week -old cousin Andrew! 

We had fun with the bounce houses! Thanks, Pokludas and Saugiers for letting us use them!

The unhappy birthday girl and Papi

Grandmommy and Lucy

not a huge fan of cake. at.all.

Get me out of this seat! 

playing with her new toys

Uncle Marcos and Aunt Paige

Emma and Lucy

Unwrapping her car from Oma and PapPap

Oma, Kathryn and baby Andrew

GG and Aunt Elena

Cameron and Alyssa

How many people does it take to collapse a bounce house?


No comments: