Friday, December 28, 2012

December happenings....

In the spirit of trying to catch up to a Christmas post, here's some of what went on during the month of December....

This came in the mail. I really can't believe we are getting to this phase of life. She was showing interest in sitting on her cousin Emma's potty at Thanksgiving, so I decided to go ahead and get a potty so that she could get used to it. We haven't started training yet (and probably won't for a little while), but she does occasionally sit on it from time to time.  We talk about big girls going to the big girl potty and read books about using the potty, so I'm thinking that one day soon, she'll want to try....but I'm totally not pushing it!

I found her red-handed digging into some Christmas cookies before breakfast one morning....

 We celebrated Grandmommy's and Papi's birthdays the first weekend in December, after hearing them perform with their church's beautiful Christmas concert.

My sweet friend from college, Melissa, and her daughter Anne Charlotte came from Birmingham and stayed with us the first week of December while her husband, Joe, was at a conference in Dallas! It was so much fun to get to spend a week together, hanging out, letting our girls play together, getting to catch up! 

Lucy did such a great job playing with Anne Charlotte- gives me hope for little sister on the way!

Such a sweet girl with the most beautiful blue eyes you've ever seen! 

We took the girls on a walk in our neighborhood and saw horses, chickens and sheep. So fun!

The endocrine clinic Christmas dinner was at Buca de Beppo, and here is Dr. Oden, our obesity clinic's medical director, standing with quite the appropriate picture. :) I love my co-workers!

More to come, including Christmas pics!

No comments: