Friday, January 4, 2013

pre-Christmas activities

I was so excited to be able to make Christmas cookies with Lucy this year- one of those things I've always wanted to do once I had kids. So this year, I pulled out the cookie press and we went to town making all sorts of shaped cookies. She LOVED covering them in sprinkles and typically one side of the baking sheet had more sprinkles than the other.
Here she is in shaking action:

Yummy!

The finished product

That evening we went to the City of Richardson's Santa's Village. We went last year with her, and she had fun, but obviously didn't get it (and was sick with RSV at the time, but we didn't know it yet!). This year, though, she had fun seeing all the lights! She DID NOT want to have her picture taken with Mrs. Claus (I didn't even attempt the Santa Claus line because I had a sneaking suspicion that she would not like him either). She gingerly took the cookie that Mrs. Claus gave her, but would not get close to her, would not pose for a pic.....generally not a fan. 

She did, however, love sitting in the fire truck and standing on the front of the engine!

Mom watched Lucy one morning while I went to the OB and she enjoyed a candy cane at GG's house...

We also went to go see the Trains at NorthPark with Aunt Elena. She loved the "shoo-shoos" and thought it was so much fun! Definitely worth the $6!

1 comment:

Liz said...

Our class loved looking at your blog! Thanks for being an example of an online blog! :) From, Ms. Serna's 4th grade class