Monday, June 23, 2008

Fabulous weekend!

We had a great weekend- babysat Parker, had Liz's friends over for a very casual pool shindig, then had some of our good friends and their kiddos over for an evening pool party. Sunday, after church, Mike and I leveled the garden on the side of our house that we hadn't touched since last summer. I truly have a black thumb when it comes to gardening (I wish I had Granddaddy's genes!), but we're going to try it again- I love using fresh herbs when I cook, and I really want some rosemary and basil...Mike actually bought a rosemary plant but said that I couldn't touch it until it was big enough to survive me whacking at it. :)

Mike also spent a long time out in the garage working on the chest of drawers and got tons of saw dust everywhere and all over himself. He made our nightstands a couple of years ago and has been working on the matching chest of drawers for the past 2 years- his project got interrupted by moving and fixing up our current house. The dresser already looks amazing! He does great work!!

Sunday afternoon I talked with a nursing school friend of mine, Anna Brown, who is currently in Vanderbilt's PNP program that I'll be starting in the fall. She gave me some great advice about which books to buy, what to get, what not to get, etc- very valuable info!!
More than anything, she was good to remind me that the program is do-able, even with working- something that I was a little worried about- how to manage it all over the next year.
So, I was very thankful to spend some time chatting with her.

Here's some pictures from the weekend:
Marsh and Parker

Mike and the sawdust in his pockets



Parker got his feet wet!



The Saugiers!

1 comment:

Katrina said...

that might be one of the scariest pics I have seen of myself in a long time. At least Carsen looks cute enough to just gloss over me in the background :) :)