Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Never Say Never

Of all the things I've learnd in life so far, I think that one of the most important is to never say never. I've learned this lesson so many times- for example, I said I'd never be a nurse because they do all the dirty work- I'm a nurse. I said I'd never go out of state to go to college- I went to Samford Univ. in Birmingham, AL. I said I'd never date long-distance again- Mike and I had the majority of our dating long-distance before we got engaged. While working in the ER, I said I'd never become a floor nurse- I am a floor nurse. And, most recently, I said I'd never go back to school- I'm starting grad school at Vanderbilt next semester.
You'd think I'd learn. I think, really, it's God saying, "You can plan all you want to and try to make things work the way that you think they're going to work, but it's really My timing that matters."
I think one of the most important lessons I've learned from the Lord is that He is always sovereign- it doesn't matter what I do, He's always been in control and has known and will always know what will happen- He's never surprised. And that is a great comfort.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Marisa! You gave in! Although, I don't have a Blog, so I actually thought you gave in when you created your own Facebook account. :)

I love this entry. It is a great reminder to us all who really is incharge of our lives. From the little things, to the big things, God is the conductor. We can try to do it all our own way, but the truth is, we can't! Great entry/reminder! I love you ALOT!