Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Right Place at the Right Time

So, I arrived in Nashville on Tuesday night and had heard that the CMA (Country Music Awards) were going to happen on Wednesday night in Nashville. I thought, "Oh, that's cool to be in the same city while that's going on." I'm not a huge country fan, but I like it occasionally.
My friend, Hayley, is staying in a condo a couple of blocks from where the CMAs were taking place and got woken up at 3am in the morning by Mylie Cyrrus practicing her act- her condo was so close that she could hear all the rehursals over the loud-speakers. So she came to class the next morning and said, "We've got to hang out tonight and listen to the CMAs from my condo- you can hear everything! And you can see where the red carpet is, etc." So, after class on Wednesday, we headed down to her place, and decided to go to the arena where the CMAs were to people-watch. There's all these fancy cars and people dressed up in tuxes, ridiculous dresses, high heels, cameras, media, etc...very cool. As we're standing around watching, this lady comes up to us and says, "Do you girls have tickets to the show tonight?" We said no and she said, "Here, have mine. I don't need them. I already have some more." We're like, "Are you sure??!!" She goes, "Yes. Take them." So we do! $100 tickets!! Now mind you, we're in jeans and sweaters. (but I did grab some lipgloss on the way out the door instead of chapstick- good thinking!) I called Melanie to see if she thought that I should change (she was going with her family that night as well) and she didn't think we needed to, so Hayley and I grab dinner and then go to the CMA awards, jeans and all!
We were in the nose-bleed section, but still had a great view and had a FABULOUS time! My favorite was Kidd Rock's "Alabama" song- I was blaring that song all summer long and it was awesome to hear it live!
We saw Nicole Kidman, Reece Witherspoon, Brad Paisley, Martina McBride, Reba, Brooks and Dunn, Hootie, Sugarland, Keith Urban, etc.....it was so cool!
We kept looking at each other saying, "I can't belive we're here! This is crazy!"
My favorite new group was Lady Antebellum....they were awesome.
So, you never know what will happen....always carry your lip gloss. You just might be going to an awards show.......

2 comments:

Alison Treadaway said...

Oh my gosh!!! that is so cool!!!

Abby said...

Wow! That is really cool!!