Wednesday, April 29, 2009

piggy flu

Ok, I don't know everything, but I feel like the swine flu craziness is getting out of control.
Closing schools for one kid that's sick?
Cancelling all UIL sports for the whole state of TX until May 11?

I mean, it's a form of the flu. Lots and lots of people get the flu. Every year.
Yes, people have died from it.-as they do EVERY year when the flu comes around.
We don't know the underlying disease processes those who died had that might have made them sicker than others.

My point: don't freak out. Wash your hands often. Use hand sanitizer. Cover your mouth when you cough. Wear a mask if you're in the face of someone who has swine flu. Don't play with pigs.

4 comments:

Katrina said...

Man, playing with pigs is my favorite pastime. I am trying to remain calm in the wake of all of this, but the media is FREAKING ME OUT. Canon has a runny nose today and a temp of 98.9 and I was convinced he has swine flu. I am so lame.

Donna said...

Don't watch the media -- that's there job to freak you out! More viewers, more advertising revenue, more profits.

The Big Deal IMHO is there is no current vaccine available for this strain of flu. It will take several months to develop one and have it available. I think the WHO and the CDC are "over" reacting to get everyone's attention to that sick people stay home instead of "being" heroic and going to work, social events, etc.

Papi said...

...but I like pigs!!

Anonymous said...

Amen.