Sunday, November 14, 2010

6 years



6 years ago (yesterday), I married my best friend. First off, I can't believe it's been 6 years. Doesn't feel like it and I cannot imagine my life without him.

This has been quite the crazy year for us (I feel like I say that about every year), but really- with both of us changing jobs (me twice!), getting robbed, living and figuring out Mike's crazy travel schedule, remodeling our bathroom, remodeling the pool, adding a nephew, two nieces and a brother-in-law, figuring out community, and, of course, finding out we're pregnant (quite the surprise, and still kind of surreal)- this has truly been a crazy year.

Despite the craziness that has ensued, I am so thankful to walk through life with Mike. He is a constant source of encouragement, he leads us well, always manages to keep a level head (unlike his hormonal wife at times!). I know that he loves me, and he tells me that often. I love how he loves my changing body- this morning he told me that I now have "girth." May sound un-romantic, but it was hilarious at the time. :)

I love how he desires to make our family first- how he is striving to change the amount of work travel, how he asked to read a book about the baby before the baby comes, how he is a forward-thinker and the perspective he has about different things. I have loved doing pre-marrieds tables and 2:2's with him- he's such a great teacher!

I love how his mind works- he is so, so intelligent. He knows how to solve hard problems- he always has a solution. I love how he has been getting up each morning to spend time in the Word. I love how in the evenings he snuggles behind me, and prays for Peanut and for me and our family.

I love him. I have no doubt that he will be an excellent father to our little Peanut. I look forward to what the next year has in store for us.

Oh, and he's really hot. :)




2 comments:

Unknown said...

So sweet! ...even thought it's a little weird to hear my brother referred to as "hot" ;-)

Papi said...

I can't believe it either!...We are really blessed by both of you!...May this next year be the happiest yet!

Much love,

Papi