Saturday, November 6, 2010

Cancun = Fabulous

Mike and I went to Cancun last week for a much-needed vacation. We did not want to come back (and being searched twice at the Cancun airport made me really not want to go back- I must look very suspicious).

We went to Xcaret, kind of like a cross between an amusement park/lazy river/ beach/ Wet-n-Wild/ aquarium... This is the beach part of Xcaret- beautiful, with clear, blue water. Mike even snorkled a little. I sat under the tiki hut and rested my feet. :) And people-watched.







Me with the Mexican pregnant stone lady


This is the hotel where we stayed. All-inclusive, very nice, just re-done 2 years ago. We loved, loved, loved our time laying by the pool or beach, having unlimited sources of delish food and beverage (too bad I couldn't drink wine) and excellent service.



Mike and me on our way to snorkling! Snorkling is one of our favorite things to do on vacation. Because we went during off-season, we actually got a one-on-one snorkling tour and got a private boat-ride back to the dock. Seeing the coral reefs was pretty amazing, as were the fish- but not the baracudas. That I could have done without.



On our balcony at the hotel with the sunset.



Chilling at the Isle Mujeres at Playa Norte Beach- this is the beach where they filmed the Corona commercials. It was absolutly beautiful. White sand beach, clear, blue water, only about 3-4 feet deep for a long while- it was great.


What we woke up to every morning.

More pics to come of our random photo session at the hotel....

1 comment:

Papi said...

Viva Mexico!.... :)

I'm glad that you had a great time!

Papi