Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas 2010

Once again, we had a fabulous Christmas with both of our families! We are so thankful to have both sides of our families in town- makes Christmas Day (and other holidays) a little easier.

On Christmas Eve, we spent the late afternoon and evening at my parents' house for our annual Mexican Christmas with my dad's extended family. Lots and lots of yummy food, lots of family, and of course, the White Elephant gift exchange. This year Mike and I came away with a Starbucks gift card and one of those brownie pans that makes all the brownie corner pieces. And somehow, Mike managed to get his original gift back from Uncle Steve- an Aggie vs UT chess set.
After our fun, fun evening, we headed to Watermark for the 11:00pm Christmas Eve service. Again, one of the things I look forward to during the Christmas season. I love how Todd doesn't mince words and tells it like it is. And, there's just something about all of the lights turned out, singing "Silent Night" by candle light at midnight.

Mike and I at my parents' house on Christmas Eve


All my siblings and their spouces



On Christmas Day, we woke up early and headed back to my parents' house in our PJs to open presents. Cameron was dressed up like Santa Claus (and I think he had about 6 pieces of fudge during that morning...he was a little wired).


Alyssa thought it was a little too early for morning festivities....


We opened presents with my family and had a delish brunch and just enjoyed being together before Lane and Alex headed off to Houston for his family's Christmas and Mike and I headed to his parents' for Round Two of Christmas.

Emma Leigh and her mommy, Carolyn. She's so cute!


At the Frizzell's, we had a wonderful Christmas lunch and then opened presents afterwards.
Here's the newest Frizzell Family Picture:



Big present of the day: Kathryn got a doll house! She and William played with it for hours (at least I think they did- I took a nap- when I fell asleep they were playing with it, when I woke up, they were still playing...)


It truly was a great Christmas! And I have to brag on my husband- he gave me one of the best gifts ever!! I am a words-of-affirmation gal and so he put together almost an hour's worth of MP3 downloads, where he recalled favorite memories of times we've had together, had sound-bites from our vows at our wedding, recalled our wedding and engagement, our first date, etc. I, of course, was bawling while listening to everything he had recorded. It was awesome and something I'm so thankful he took the time to make! Nothing like being able to listen to these sweet words over and over again.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great gift from your hubby. Good job, Mike!!

Katie Norwood said...

Y'all are so cute! Just got your Christmas letter and loved it!!

Papi said...

Great Christmas!.....good memories! Thank you for being there to share them with us!

Much love,

Papi

Papi said...

Great Christmas!...good memories!..Thank you for being there to share them with us!

Much love,

Papi