So, back in June, we had planned to go skiing during the week of Valentine's, so I blocked the whole week of for work....and then we became babied. So, no skiing.
We couldn't decide what we wanted to do during that week- there was a possibility of going to London for a work trip with Mike, but then that fell through about 2 weeks before the trip. So, then we thought about going to San Francisco or somewhere in Florida (as the previous 2-3 weeks had been full of ice and snow in the Dallas area)... then we decided we'd just stay in town over the weekend, go to a hotel, have a nice dinner, etc.
Then, it ended up that Mike was going to be in NYC the week before and week of Valentines, so I ended up flying to NYC last-minute the Friday before Valentine's- our plan was to spend a great little weekend in NYC, eating, going to a musical, etc.
I arrived to New Jersey on Friday night (where we actually stayed) to a sick hubby with 102 degree temp. Booo. Went up to 103 degrees even with Motrin in his system, so we added Tylenol to the mix and finally broke the fever by the time he had woken up on Saturday morning.
So, Saturday morning, we laid low (and I was so glad there was a Starbucks in the hotel lobby!) and then decided to go to Hoboken, NJ (we were staying in NJ) for lunch. We had fabulous Italian food and even drove past Carlo's Bakery (from Cake Boss!)- the line to go in there was ridiculous- about a block around the bakery.
Sunday, we decided to go into NYC- Mike bravely drove us from NJ to NYC in the rental car - I will say I was glad I wasn't driving. There are truly crazy people out there on the roads!! Since we'd done NYC touristy things several times, and he wasn't quite 100% (and I didn't want to go into early labor in NYC!), we decided sitting on a tour bus for a 2 hour tour would be a good option.
It was a little chilly on the bus!
After our tour, we then decided we'd go through Hell's Kitchen and eat our way down the street. We stopped in a Cajun restaurant and had a fabulous gumbo and cornbread for an appetizer.
Then went to another Italian place for our main course- the waiter came to our table and said, "May I bring you some....waaa(then glancing down at my belly)...water?" Yes, kind sir, I would have loved a glass of wine, but water will work for now. Dessert was back in Times Square at our hands-down favorite NYC place for cheesecake- Junior's Cheesecake, the one and only.
Even though the trip was altered a little due to illness, it was still a great time away!
I didn't take many pics on the camera (have a few on my phone and will try to upload, but I'm truly not computer literate)....
No comments:
Post a Comment