**I have no idea why these wouldn't let me upload these the right way, but I tried everything and it wouldn't work right, so tilt your computer to the side or something. Sorry!**
| Sweet girl laying on her tummy (well, it looks like she's standing with the way the pic is) |
| girl parts! |
| cute little feet! |
Our sweet girl looks perfect- 4 chambers of a beating heart, diaphragm intact, two parts of a brain, spinal cord intact, kidneys that are working, 10 fingers, 10 toes, and is measuring right where she should be. She didn't like to be photographed (like her sister!) and covered her face a couple of times. It was hard to actually see what she was- she is very modest and didn't like people looking. But eventually, Jules (our good friend who did the sonogram), was able to tell that there were in fact, no boy parts, just three lines down there that mean she is a girl!
I am so, so excited for Lucy to have a little sister- I pray that she and this little one will develop a sweet friendship, love playing together, sharing secrets, doing "girly" things together, etc.
I told Mike that evening after we found out the baby is a girl, that I feel overwhelmed with the awesome responsibility of raising two girls. I so desire for them to love the Lord, know His ways and follow them, teach them all the lessons I've learned along the way (that He must be their source of significance, not to find significance in the approval and desire of men, not to settle for someone who is good enough, but who is the BEST, etc). There's so much I want them to know, so that they can be wise, godly women. I know that I can't do this on my own, that the Lord has to go before me and only He can inscribe all these great truths on their little hearts- I'm merely the messenger.
Now, we just have to figure out what to name this sweet baby. "Babs" is her nickname for now, thanks to Aunt Elena.
Poor Mike, he's going to be out-numbered..... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment