Thursday, March 20, 2014

Randomness...

I thought I would post some random pics in between all the blog posts about our adventures.

I feel like people might think we get to do glamorous things all the time, go to fun places, because we live here in London.

However, I am raising an almost 1 year old and an almost 3 year old. There are lots of messes, laundry, dishes, poopy accidents, temper tantrums (and let me tell you, these are getting to be quite interesting!), time-outs, naps, groceries, etc. 
We do get to do fun things, but it is still living a normal life with little kids, just in a different part of the world.

Proof that there are messes:
"Here! You want one?"

This is the church we started attending- All Souls Langham Place.
It's been a great fit for us! I've been attending the women's Bible study on Wednesday mornings and we have started meeting with a community group twice a month. The girls and I will start going to a playgroup tomorrow (we were on a waiting list!), so I'm excited about meeting other young moms with kids. 
We are also getting the privilege of mentoring a newly-engaged couple from the church- this is how we loved serving back in Dallas at Watermark, and it's so fun to be able to do this again!
Fun fact- All Souls is right in front of the BBC Broadcasting building and is often seen on BBC broadcasts...
On March 31, Annie will have, yet another, surgery! She's had a blocked right tear duct for as long as she's been alive. Typically, this resolves on its own by one year of life, but the duct has not opened and she continually has goop draining from her eye. I think people think she either has pink eye all the time or is constantly tearing up. 
The procedure itself takes about 5 minutes, but it has to be done under general anesthesia. 

We went to see a pediatric ophthalmologist last week at Moorfield's Eye Hospital- it's an entirely free-standing pediatric eye hospital here in London. This was the area we waited in- I have to say that I felt a bit segregated!

I was in the bus the other day with the girls and this yellow Ferrari pulled up next to us. Inside was a mom driving with her little boy (maybe 15 months old), strapped into his car seat in the passenger side. 
Um. Well, I guess that's one way to get around. 

No comments: